About this product
The MCL 225 auger boring system from McLaughlin was designed for long large diameter casing installations for power, communications, water/sewer and pipeline projects. The new MCL 225 is powered by a 214 HP Volvo tier 4 compliant diesel engine, and is equipped with 5” hex Auger driving 1,200,000 ft lbs of thrust and 126,000 ft.lbs of torque for big bore applications. New industry leading features in the area of remote operation and safety features, new robust “quick set” track design, and “Rabbit Drives” set this new machine apart from the rest.
All machine functions are accessible through the wireless remote control. This allows the operator to be in the optimal position whenboring or installing casing and augers. It also allows the operator to be out of the pit while boring.
Low centerline, wide stance, automatic hold downs and a true hydraulic clutch. All these features added together, along with remote operation, provide the highest level of safety available.
2 x 4 CYLINDER SPEED
Thrust cylinders are optimized to provide quick, low thrust movement of the machine, when you need it but to transition into high thrust mode when the hardest pushes are encountered. All cylinder retractions are done in the high speed 2 cylinder mode.
Powerful 218 hp, tier 4 final, diesel engine with a constant torque level through most of the engine rpm range. Quiet, completely enclosed and low profile power unit makes a compact unit to fit inside shoring and trench boxes. A hydraulic clutch, 6 speed transmission and a dual reduction gearbox provide torque for increased bore length.
Provides quick movement of the boring machine. Utilizing 40,000 lbs of push / pull power to pull augers and reduce machine set up time.
Chuck, augers and heads are all available to work with 5” hex. Also adapter provide available to match up to existing stock augers from other size machines.
The self-contained control station controls the movement of the steering head and includes charged grade indicator. Control station also maintains all hydraulic, water and electrical lines.
- 16″ (41 cm) to 72″ (183 cm)
- Volvo, Tier IV Diesel Engine, 5.1 L, Turbo Charged, 214 hp (160 kW) @ 2300 rpm
- Eaton FS6305A – 6 speed
- True Hydraulic, Multi-disc Clutch with .1 sec Disengagment
Planetary Gear Box
- Eskridge 26:1 Reduction
- 126,000 ft/lb (170,833 Nm)
- 1,200,000 lbs ( 535 tonns)
- 50 gpm (189 lpm) max and 5,000 psi (344 bar)
- 15 gallon (56.8 L) capacity with sight gauge
- 7′ 6″ (2.3 m)W x 12′ (3.7 m)L x 5′ 11″ (1.8 m)H
- 33” (83 cm)
- 90” (228 cm) W x 18″ (46 cm) H x 123″ (312 cm) L – 6,670 lbs (3025 kg)
- 90” (228 cm) W x 18″ (46 cm) H x 120″ (305 cm) L – 5,170 lbs (2345 kg)
- “Rabbit Travel” for pulling auger & product pipe installation -Rabbit Drive @ 42,000 lbs Push / Pull
- Standard Wireless Remote – for machine mount or out of pit operation
- Standard Drive – 5” HEX
- Patented OPC Clutch for Safety Disengagement