About this product
The McLaughlin McL-54/60 is a turbo charged diesel auger boring machine (for 16”—60” casing installations). With nearly 1,000,000 lbs of thrust this machine is capable of doing your longer bores in tough conditions. With over 30 years this machine has proven itself in the field. Count on McLaughlin and the 54/60 for your next big project.
Fast Feed ™ allows hydraulic fluid to be diverted to one cylinder allowing for faster dog plate repositioning and machine retraction.
REDUCED RISK OF ROLLOVER
Patented Operator Presence Control (OPC) clutch and the low machine profile greatly reduce the risk of rollover, which is critical for high-torque auger machines.
Long-stroke triple cylinders and an auto hydraulic dog plate help increase efficiency and speed.
Three hydraulic rams with auto thrust control and infinitely adjustable speed provide 950,000 lbs of Thrust!
Operator control station located on the RIGHT side of machine for reduced role over risk and to keep operator out of spoil piles.
Split design reduces weight when moving machine in and out of excavations.
The self-contained control station controls the movement of the steering head and includes charged grade indicator. Control station also maintains all hydraulic, water and electrical lines.
- 16″ to 60″ (40.6 cm to 152.4 cm) cased bore
- Air-cooled, in-line 6-cylinder diesel, turbo charged; 12 VDC electric system; 174 hp Gross Int. (ISO) (127 kW) @ 2300 RPM; and 168 hp Gross Cont. (ISO) (123.6 kW) @ 2300 RPM
- 4 forward speeds, 1 reverse
- Hydraulic clutch with OPC
- Planetary reduction, 4” (10.2 cm) hex chuck
- 108,000 ft/lb peak (146,428.3 Nm) in low gear
- 950,000 lb (475 tons) max. @ 5000 psi (344.7 bar) with infinitely adjustable thrust speed
- Hydraulically activated with dog pin indicators and fast feed
- 5000 psi (344.7 bar) max. system; Pressure comp. pump with load sense; 48 gpm (181.7 lpm) @ 2500 RPM; Hydraulic tank capacity 58 gallon (219.6 L); and Oil level sight gauge and temp. cleanout ports
- Suction strainer—100 mesh in-tank return filter—12 micron replaceable element
- 15 gallon (56.8 L) capacity with sight gauge
- 74” (188 cm) W x 12’6” (381 cm) L x 64” (162.6 cm) H
- 32.5” (82.6 cm)
- 7560 lb (3429.2 kg)
- 66” (167.6 cm) W x 9′ (274.3 cm) L x 14.5” (36.8 cm) H—1500 lb (680.4 kg)
- 5′ (152.4 cm) – 950 lb (430.9 kg)
- 420 lb (190.5 kg)
- Control Mole™ water level steering kits for grade bores