About this product
The McL-60 Workhorse auger boring system from McLaughlin was designed for long large diameter casing installations for power, communications, water/sewer and pipeline projects. The new MCl60 is powered by a 218 HP Volvo tier 4 compliant diesel engine, and is equipped with 5” hex Auger driving 1,272,000 ft lbs of thrust and 126,000 ft.lbs of torque for big bore applications. New industry leading features in the area of remote operation and safety features, new robust “quick set” track design, and “Rabbit Drives” set this new machine apart from the rest.
OPERATOR SAFETY & CONVENIENCE
The new remote control feature allows the McL-60 to be controlled from outside the excavation pit for increased operator convenience and productivity.
Powered by a 218-hp (160-kW) Volvo turbocharged engine, it is the company’s first Tier 4 Final compatible auger boring machine and is designed to install steel casing up to 60″ (152.4 cm) and produce bores up to 700′ (213.4 m) in length.
BIG POWER, COMPACT DESIGN
The McL-60 was built on features that allow contractors to be more productive. By implementing a low-profile engine design, the McL-60 fits easily beneath the trench box spreader bars for more efficient jobsite setup.
The addition of an Eskridge gearbox allows for increased torque — up to 126,000 ft/lb (170,833 Nm) and, in turn, longer bore lengths, helping contractors to install more feet per day.
The Rabbit Travel feature accelerates the process of pulling augers by eliminating the need to use the cylinders of the machine to install the product type.
The self-contained control station controls the movement of the steering head and includes charged grade indicator. Control station also maintains all hydraulic, water and electrical lines.
- 16″ (41 cm) to 60″ (152 cm)
- 218 hp (163kW) Volvo TAD572VE turbocharged, water-cooled,Tier 4 Final Diesel
- Eaton FS6305A
- True Dry Hydraulic with .1 seconds Disengage
Planetary Gear Box
- Eskridge 26 : 1
- 126,000 ft/lb (170,833 Nm)
- 1,272,000 lb (636 tons)
- 9 in. Bore x 36 in. stroke at 5000 psi
- 15 gallon (56.8 L) capacity with sight gauge
- 7′ 6″ (2.3 m)W x 12′ (3.7 m)L x 5′ 11″ (1.8 m)H
- 33” (83 cm)
- 10′ 2.5″; 6,668 lbs
- 10′ (304.8 cm); 5,169 lbs
- “Rabbit Travel” for pulling auger & product pipe installation -Rabbit Drive @ 42,000 lbs Push / Pull
- Standard Wireless Remote – for machine mount or out of pit operation
- Standard Drive – 5” HEX
- Patented OPC Clutch for Safety Disengagement