Northeast Regional Sales and Training MFG Representative
The McLaughlin Group was founded in 1921 and continues to be an industry leader in Underground and Trenchless Construction equipment market. We are located in Greenville, SC, and are seeking an energetic and results driven Regional Sales Representative for a new territory position. The ideal candidate will thrive on growing markets, developing and maintaining strong business relationships and has a passion for the Underground construction equipment industry. This position will represent our Vacuum Excavator, Utility Locator and Pneumatic Boring Tool product lines through our exclusive dealer network as well as achieve dealer and direct sales for the Auger Boring products.
Sales Territory: Northeastern USA – Ideal candidate will be based from (VA, MD, PA) area.
We are looking for someone with passion for the Underground equipment industry and working with our dealers and contractors to transfer application and product knowledge! Looking for HDD, Vacuum excavation or product training experts with a passion for training and growing markets to join our team and take on the responsibility for training and business development for the Northeastern USA.
- Achieve monthly sales objectives for product lines through retail, wholesale and “pull-through” retail sales
- Daily focus and purpose driven actions to capture business on all products lines for identified top 5 accounts per dealer location for all product lines.
- Travel with dealer sales staff on sales calls demonstrating and promoting products to end users, transferring industry and product knowledge daily
- Train dealership sales representatives on product features vs. the competition
- Develop and maintain close relationships with all Dealer sales managers, sales representatives as well as “Key” and “Global Account” end users
- Assist dealers on demonstrations and equipment start up’s as needed
- Train parts and service staff on equipment maintenance and parts support
- Attend local and regional trade shows representing the McLaughlin Group
- Assist dealers and sales representatives in quoting and presenting product proposals in person, as well as provide support via email and phone support
- Develop and present product presentations and comparisons in PowerPoint
Four-year degree or have a minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience, preferably in the Underground or mobile construction equipment segment.
- Live in or be willing to relocate to sales territory
- Experience with directional drilling, locating and vacuum excavation equipment and processes
- Solid mechanical / technical ability with construction equipment
- Strong personal communication skills; face to face, presentation, training written and outbound phone skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and operate construction equipment
- Training background desired
- Travel requirement: 70%
- Good driving record
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs a must
- Competitive Salary, benefits package and commission program
- Major Medical and Prescription Plan
- 401K, Vacation and Holiday programs
- Company Truck, Laptop and I-Phone provided
Please send cover letter and resume to Nancy Ducret for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org.